If you are a coffee lover, this may be a great spray to try at home for your hair. It’s simple and healthy, and brings lots of shine to curls and waves.
So why use coffee in our hair? The antioxidants of the coffee bean are nutrient-rich and can help prevent breakage and damage to the hair. Caffeine from coffee can also aide in promoting hair growth. As a spray and rinse, coffee provides clarifying and natural shine and softer, bouncier curls. Try this recipe from Indian Beauty Spot.
1. Brew a few cups of black coffee and let it cool down.
2. Pour the coffee into a spray bottle
3. After completely cleansing your scalp, spray the coffee onto your roots.
4. With the tips of your fingers, gently massage the spray into your hair and scalp to stimulate the follicles and promote hair growth.
5. Allow the spray to sit in your hair and scalp for 10-15 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
6. After a few uses, you may also notice less hair shedding and more vibrant, stronger curls.
Those with darker brunette shades of curls benefit from coffee as it helps add vibrancy and dimension to the hair, according to LA Healthy Living.
1. Use a strong brew of dark coffee--even espresso works--to rinse through your hair after co-washing and before applying a leave-in.
2. You may also pour the coffee mix into your hair and cover your hair with a shower cap, allow the mixture to sit on your hair for up to 30 minutes.
Be careful and protect your clothing while applying the coffee spray.If you want even more depth and dimension, mix 2 tablespoons of ground up coffee with your favorite conditioner and let it sit in your hair as a masque for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Your hair will be left super shiny with a more rich, even tone.